- On-Line Virtual Real-Time E-Collaboration.
(journal paper 59 | journal paper 64)
- Data Envelopment Analysis Approach for Efficient Engineering Enrollment Management.
(journal paper 61)
- A New Algorithm for Measuring and Optimizing the Manipulability Index.
(journal paper 65)
- Mobile Manipulation Platforms.
(journal paper 16 | journal paper 21 | journal paper 22 | journal paper 35 | journal paper 46 | journal paper 47 | journal paper 48 | journal paper 49)
- A Framework for Extreme Modular Design: A Plug and Play Approach to Sensory Modules, Actuation Platforms, and Task Descriptions and Implementations for Robotics and Automation.
- The robotic musicians band project (Partially Artificial Musicians (PAM)) with the School of Arts and Sciences.
(journal paper 38)
- The chiropractic force sensor project (The Glove) and business plan with the School of Chiropractic and the School of Business.
- The electronic educational assessment web-based system with the School of Education.
(journal paper 50)
- 3-D Reverse Engineering applications in dentistry, entertainment, plastic surgery and movie making (with the Health Sciences Division, the School of Arts and Sciences, and the School of Business).
- Ergonomically-correct task-based design of cockpit interiors based on manipulability measures (Dept. of Industrial design, Dept. of Mathematics, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering and the Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering).
- The Virtual Chemistry Laboratory: An experiment in internet-based education using remotely controlled robot manipulators (Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering and the Department of Chemistry).
- A reverse engineering and inspection system (has been implemented in an auto assembling plant).
- The robot prototyping environment (currently being packaged as software for controlling, simulating, and monitoring generic manipulators).
(journal paper 9 | journal paper 15 | journal paper 33 | journal paper 42 | journal paper 45)
- An automated stock trading system that is currently in use.
- A prototype has been developed for a cell-based car mapping system.
- An academic class scheduler and advisor software (SKED), which is currently used by several academic departments.
(journal paper 41)
- A face recognition / object identification software, is currently being developed for commercial deployment via an incubator established through angel investments and VC seed funds (joint work with other Universities and industry partners).
- An electronic raffle web site is being readied to go live with the help of VC funding.
- Autonomous Tele-robotic System
RISCBOT I |
RISCBOT II )
- Goal Directed Design of Serial
- Heterogeneous Swarm Robots (UB Swarm)
- 2013 Fall Student Projects
Project 2 |
Project 3 |
3D Face Modeling and Recognition